Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Trouble with mapping tables

Hi,

I have the following issue:

I am working with data coming from Excel files which has to be appended to data coming from SAP.

Now, the customer_numbers we have from SAP are usually filled up to be 10 characters long - filled up with 0s.

Okay - so I have to basically do the same with the data from Excel, easy enough so far.

The issue is, in some records from Excel there is no customer_number - I aggregate those  to something like "2200\IT\Ext" - those would be all the records with no cust_no in the Bukrs 2200, the customer being in italy and being external. As you may have noticed, this has 11 characters, so filling up to 10 won't work.

So I came up with >> TRIM(Right(('0000' & [cust_no]), 11)) << - this would cut out 11 characters from the right and in case there is a regular cust_no, there would be a blank to the right which I cut off with TRIM().

Should work, no? Well, it doesn't - in some cases I still get an 11-character-number with five 0s to the left - how can that happen? There is no 0 to the right, only to the left - what went wrong there and how could I mend it?

Can somebody shed some light on this?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Okay,

I have found a way around it: I just cut off 11 characters and if the first one of those is a number as in "2200\IT\Ext", then I leave it so, otherwise - as in "0000240511" - I cut off one more.

That solves this.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Okay,

I have found a way around it: I just cut off 11 characters and if the first one of those is a number as in "2200\IT\Ext", then I leave it so, otherwise - as in "0000240511" - I cut off one more.

That solves this.