Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrBosch
Creator
Creator

Two charts: two times the alignment of values to the scale are off

Hi all,

I have two example charts that -even after hours of puzzling- are not aligning.

The ref line is exactly 15. My gut-feeling tells me 14.7 or 14.8 but NOT 15 when I look at the chart. Same goes with the color changes in the segments. One change-over-point is exactly 20 (from green to yellow) but tell me: what do you see? 20,2? 20,3?

MrBosch_0-1684790434477.png

I have the .qvw file enclosed and hope someone can make a miracle happen...

Thanking you in advance for your time,

Alex

PS: Yes... I did notice the weird 1, 3, 5, 8, 10, 12, 14 sequence and assume it has something to do with that and possible roundings, but still: exactly 20 on the scale and exactly 20 in the reference line should still end up at exactly the same spot... (i hope)

Labels (1)
  • Other

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

I assume that your wanted combination of steps + sub-steps and the min/max + segment settings isn't possible without the noticed value-offset against the scale but with a few adjustments it might be possible. Important is that the object could provide the relevant information - the exact layout (probably taken from any other tool) is not really essentially.

Beside this you may also consider to change the chart type, for example to a horizontally bar-chart. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

I think it's caused from a mismatch within the settings. Means the number of scaling-parts doesn't really fits to the min/max and color-start values in relation with the bottom-options within the presentation-tab. 

MrBosch
Creator
Creator
Author

I agree with you Marcus. But unfortunately there is a maximum of 20 in the segments... So I cannot match that. Behold the weird interpretation... again: 15 should be at 15... as should the place where the color changes...

So... there is no solution? Is this problem also present in Qlik? I have only worked with QlikView Desktop.

marcus_sommer

I don't know how this behaved within the browser but the rendering might be different. What you see as difference between the value and the scale (it's not only related to the position else also for the expression-result) is an rendering-offset caused from not fitting scales to segments and also the above mentioned related options at the bottom. Not each combination will work but there are ones which does. Just play a bit with it.

MrBosch
Creator
Creator
Author

I have 'played a bit' much, but can't find a working combi since the limit of steps is max 20... The .QVW file is included. If you have a spare moment, please see if you can manage to get it working right... Please...

marcus_sommer

I assume that your wanted combination of steps + sub-steps and the min/max + segment settings isn't possible without the noticed value-offset against the scale but with a few adjustments it might be possible. Important is that the object could provide the relevant information - the exact layout (probably taken from any other tool) is not really essentially.

Beside this you may also consider to change the chart type, for example to a horizontally bar-chart. 

MrBosch
Creator
Creator
Author

Okay Marcus, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I just read that the Qlikview Desktop may 2023 has a an update which might solve the problem (i don't have that version yet):
QlikView Desktop has changed its rendering engine to WebView2. WebView2 is a modern Microsoft Edge based web technology replacing the previous WebView that was based in MS Internet Explorer technology.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/May2023/Content/QV_HelpSites/Whats_New_in_QlikView.htm