Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

UnExpected Token

Hi All,

I am getting an error like this

"Syntax error Unexpected token: ';', expected nothing",  I don't think I have any fault in my script but the error keep continuously coming. Can anyone help me, if they had faced this before. I had attached the error, please let me know.

-Srihari.

7 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Should be this?

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1, filters(

Remove(Col, Pos(Top, 1)),

Remove(Col, Pos(Top, 3))

));

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Not applicable
Author

There is no problem with the code, Its the semicolon which causing the issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sri,

Did you get a solution to the problem?

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

>>Its the semicolon which causing the issue.

Are you sure about that. The semi-colon is required there. Removing the semi-colon may simply hide the error or confuse the syntax check so the error is reported as something else.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
ludwikkaminski
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hallo,

In my case problem with new version of QV desktop. In previous version variable i.e. $(vVariable) without quotes but in new version quotes are needed: '$(vVariable)'

lanlizgu
Creator III
Creator III

Thank you Ludwik!!

vamshi87
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi,

I am receiving that error only when I try to run the application on the server. There seems to be no issue on the desktop (QlikView 12).

Thanks,

Vamshi