Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Unable to get values not common in two tables

Hello,

I am trying to get uncommon values from one table after comparing it to another. Basically a person’s system/roles are shown by values in column Roles and System under pcl_main_report table. The ideal values that he/she can have are available in Corr Roles and Corr System. A person can have ALL or SUBSET of values from Corr Roles and Corr System.

In short Roles and System MUST be a subset or equivalent to Corr Roles and Corr System based on particular HR category.  In the below screenshot I have modified my user Role to include an exception which is highlighted. So this highlighted Role is not a part of the ideal values (Corr Roles) in that case I want to flag this person for having a role he/she must not have. I wanted to display such employees in a different list. May be a right outer join is what I am trying to achieve? I am trying to use some keyword like MINUS/OUTER JOIN  in Qlikview script but it does not work.  Any suggestions? I am under a tight deadline so any help is appreciated.

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

0 Replies