Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unrecognized database MS Acess format

Hi ,

I am using Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0 ms access db

Connection string is:

OLEDB CONNECT32 TO [Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;User ID=Admin;Data Source=\Sales\Sales.mdb;Mode=ReadWrite;Extended Properties="";Jet OLEDB:System database="";Jet OLEDB:Registry Path="";Jet OLEDB:Database Password="";Jet OLEDB:Engine Type=5;Jet OLEDB:Database Locking Mode=1;Jet OLEDB:Global Partial Bulk Ops=2;Jet OLEDB:Global Bulk Transactions=1;Jet OLEDB:New Database Password="";Jet OLEDB:Create System Database=False;Jet OLEDB:Encrypt Database=False;Jet OLEDB:Don't Copy Locale on Compact=False;Jet OLEDB:Compact Without Replica Repair=False;Jet OLEDB:SFP=False];

Problem is: I can reload succesfully in local but while i try to reload in QMC the dashboard is failing with the following msg

OLEDB CONNECT32*Provider*Password*Password*

Error: ErrorSource: Microsoft JET Database Engine, ErrorMsg: Unrecognized database format '\Sales\Sales.mdb'.

Please help me

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

You need to install the database-driver on your server, too. See for this: The Great ODBC Confusion.

- Marcus

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi John,

You have a Provider: Microsoft Jet OLEDB 4.0 = MdB.format. but if you use accdb.Format you should use this Provider: Microsoft Office 12.0 Access Database Engine OLEDB.

tell me if you solve your issue

beck

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

for accdb format

step 1: SELECT "OLE DB " in the Database tab

step2: Check "force 32 Bit"

step3: Click "Connect"

step4: in the "Data Link Properties ". Select "Microsoft Office 12.0 Access Database Engine OLEDB Provider"

step5: Click "Next"

step6: You will be directed to "Connection Tab"

step7: Copy and paste the complete/full path of the Access Database ("E\.....\yourDatabase.accdb")

step8: Go to "Advanced tab", uncheck "Share Deny None" and Check "Read/Write"

step9: Go to "Connection tab" and click "Test Connection"

step10: then you will have a message : "Test Connection succeeded"

step11: Click "OK"

beck