Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markadavies
Contributor III
Contributor III

Upgrading to QlikView 12

I am preparing to upgrade to QlikView 12 later this year.

Firstly, I am interested in any online resources that community users have found useful for this purpose.

Secondly, is it possible to install QlikView 12 on a different server to my QlikView 11 installation using the same license?

I would ideally like to have both 11 and 12 running concurrently for a short time while I was verifying my new installation works OK

Any help/advice on these issues would be much appreciated

Best Regards

Mark

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

To run two installations with the same licence-key isn't allowed. But you could ask Qlik or your partner for a temporary migration-licence.

- Marcus

Gencho
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Mark,

As Marcus said you cannot run 2 installations at the same time, but you can do a new installation in other server but you will need disabled the services on the old server I mean, you will have to go to the QlikView services, select each one and change the Status type to "Disabled".

Regards!

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi,

this has been a while, now we are facing this issue since Support for 11.2 is running out - judging from all I've read so far, installing QV 12 (or upgrading from 11.2 to 12, but we'll probably have to do a new Installation as we want to distribute the Services at the same time) is just a snap, with nothing in particular to Keep in mind ... sounds very good - in fact, it sounds too good to be true, too easy - do any of you have any experience with this Installation/ upgrade?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler