Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Usage Aggr(), Dimensionality() and Before() in Total of Pivot Table

Hello everybody!

I need help with the calculating expression for Total columns and rows in Pivot Table.

Expression "Cnt" depends on sum(Amount) of previous period for each product :

1) If any product appeares for the first time, cnt=sign(sum(Amount))     (1 or -1)

2) Else if the product appeares one more time, we check if accumulation sum(Amount) for this product before and included current period equal zero, cnt=sign(sum(Amount)).

3) Else cnt=0

My expression calculates right in Nototal cells. But I think it does not see 'before()' correctly in Total.

I show table with products for visualization, but finally I need table without dimension Product, only Structure and Dep (see file .qvw).

Can someone help me out with the right expression for Cnt?

Many thanks.

5 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Within the Aggr() virtual table, you can't use Before() / After(), only Above() /  Below().

The structure of Aggr() table is like a straight table, not a pivot table.

Also the Aggr() function dimension values might not be in the same sort order that the dimension values in your pivot table chart, but you can check

The sortable Aggr function is finally here!

Not applicable
Author

Very pity! Maybe someone can suggest another best solution for this problem without before() in QV 11?

sunny_talwar

See if this look right

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Sum(Aggr(

If(

Rangesum(Above(Aggr(Sum(Amount), Product, YearMonth), 1, RowNo())) = 0 or

Rangesum(Above( Aggr(Sum(Amount), Product, YearMonth), 0, RowNo())) = 0,

Sum(Sign(Aggr(Sum(Amount), Product, YearMonth))), 0), Product, YearMonth))

Not applicable
Author

Sunny T, thanks, but it also does not work correctly.

Capture2.JPG

sunny_talwar

Is that the only issue? or can you point some other places you might still be seeing in correct numbers?