Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Use date as reference in set analysis

Hi!

I'm trying to compare a contracts start and end date to a date to see how many contracts that are opened at a certain date. I've managed to to this using 'today()' using the following formula:

sum({END_DATE={">=$(=today())"}, START_DATE={"<=$(=today())"}, Period=, Year=, Quarter=, Month= >} Price)

So this one works for today(), but how should I do to replace today() with all dates in a certain span to see how it changes over time? I've tried to use this code:

sum({END_DATE={">=$(Date)"}, START_DATE={"<=$(Date)"}, Period=, Year=, Quarter=, Month= >} Price)

But this date is connected to another Date in the Link Table which creates a problem.

So basically what I want to do is generate all dates for a given span so I can use this date as I use today() i the first formula.

15 Replies
sushil353
Master II
Master II

Hi,

please find attached and see if it is what you are looking for.

HTh

Sushil

Not applicable
Author

I'm afraid not. You were very close with the first example

Let's say I want to create a bar chart with date as dimension at the botton. Then I would want to see 24 for the date 2013-01-26 which is what you have. And then I also want to see 12 which is the value for 2013-01-17. This would let me see how the sales of active contracts changes over time. If I do this in your examples, it looks like this:

bar.png

It has the value 264 for all Date, which is wrong. The sum of sales for active contracts is not 264 for every date. It should vary over time.

sushil353
Master II
Master II

Ok.

i got your issue..

your issue can be resolved using interval match function.

could you please provide me

ework test.xlsx file so that i can load data at my local...

--Sushil

Not applicable
Author

Sure, here it is.

sushil353
Master II
Master II

Hi kim,,

your issue is resolved..

Please find the attached file. 🙂

HTH

Sushil

Not applicable
Author

Thanks alot! That was easier than i expected You really saved my day.