Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhelms
Creator
Creator

User Can't Create Objects in Developer

One of our developers cannot create a single object in QlikView Developer. The rest of us don't have any issues, but this user can open an app fine, but when we try and right click, create new object it does nothing. Sometimes nothing will happen, sometimes the entire program goes to "Not Responding" until we kill it. We have tried uninstalling, and reinstalling without any luck. I tried to go into the User Preferences, but even that will not open. User Preferences, and Document Properties will not pull up. Anyone have any ideas?

We are on QlikView 11.20 SR5, the user is on IE 11.

5 Replies
trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

Does the hard disk has enough space ?

alexdataiq
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Is the developer using the plugin in Internet Explorer? Does the same thing happen if they use QlikView Desktop?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Any differences between the environment this user is trying to run QV Desktop in and the one of the other developers? OS version? Other installed software? Windows Updates have all been installed? Problems with disk space?

Did you try installing SR13?

Peter

bhelms
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for all of the reply's. I'll try to answer all of the questions as well as something else we found out.

1) He has plenty of disk space available.

2) The issue is within the developer version. When using the plugin, he can create/clone objects

3) I didn't notice any differences on his machine. We have not tried SR 13 as a company we are still on SR 5.

We did notice that this individual also cannot get to the Internet Options menu within Internet Explorer. When he selects Tools, and tries to select Internet Options it does not do anything. Could this be related to the issue he is having within QlikView Desktop? We tried uninstalling and reinstalling IE 11, but it still isn't working.

Thanks for the help.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It sounds like your user has restricted rights on his own machine, or Group Policy blocks this user from accessing Internet Options. I'm not really sure, because in the case of GPO, the user should get an error message when trying to open the internet options dialog.

Best,

Peter