Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Using Alternate States to Select Multiple Values in a List Box with Different Attributes

This video show how to use alternate states to select multiple values in a list box when the members of the list box have different attributes. In this example a list of hockey players is used to select players to fill each position on the team.  The QVW created in the video is included in this post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXybIzLWtAQ

5 Replies
sureshbaabu
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Josh,

Thanks for posting this document. it was very useful for me.

I have question about selecting multiple values from a list box and passing it through.

For e.g.:  If I have to select more than 1 person from the Left Wings list;

how should we change the expression on the actions to achevie this?  I tried with the open and close brackets,but it dint help.

Thank you!!

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee
Author

This expression should work:

='(' & Concat(DISTINCT {[Left Wing]}  Player, '|') & ')'

The results you are looking for is to have the expression resulting in:

(Name1|Name2|Name3)

sureshbaabu
Creator III
Creator III

Josh,

I too tried the same initially but with this expression, it doesn’t read any selections from the list box,

Could you please take a look at it?

Thanks

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee
Author

Hi Suresh,

The reason it isn't work is because the players have spaces in their names.  So you need to replace the space with a single character wild card - the question mark - '?'

Try this expression for your selection:

=replace('(' & Concat(DISTINCT {[Left Wing]}  Player,   '|') &  ')',' ','?')

sureshbaabu
Creator III
Creator III

HI Josh,

That's cool..Thanks a lot for your time in explaining it clearly. It's wonderful !!!

Thanks again!!