Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using DocumentPath() with $(Include=

Hello Folks

I am trying to make use of QVS files but I'm struggling with making sure the location is correct in my various environments.

In development: these are located at \QLIKVIEW\QVS and so the following command works fine:

$(Include=\qlikview\qvs\standardvariables.qvs)

In my staging environment the files are located at D:\Qlikview\QVS but the refresh is launched from machine A when the QVS files are on machine B, so the above include command will not work.

I have been thinking therefore that using the DocumentPath() function would help me, but what I cant seem to do is to format a variable that can be used in the include command, for example:

LET fn1=DocumentPath();

LET fn2='\qlikview\qvs\standardvariables.qvs';

LET fn3=fn1+fn2;

$(Include=$(fn3));

The above doesn't work, any ideas if what I'm trying to do is possible, and if not, do you have any other suggestions as to how I could control the inclusion of QVS files from variable locations according to environment.

Cheers,

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

A couple quick points:

1. DocumentPath includes the the filename of the qvw; you probably want to strip off the filename

2. The concatenation character is '&' not '+'; qlikview will convert the strings to numbers if you use '+' which results in null

As for using a dollar expansion in an include, this works in 9.0 SR2 and later; earlier version did not seem to work. Try using the latest version if you're using something earlier than 9.0 SR 2.