Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
On May 18th at 10AM EDT we will answer your QlikView questions live. REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using Interval Match And Hierarchy Together

Hi,

So I have the following tables:

• Activites : A transaction table containing records of employees (by employee ID) who handled calls for a particular date.
  • Employees: A fact table containing information of all employees (Employee ID, Employee Name)
  • Employee_Report_Structure: A fact table containing information of which employee reports to which other employee (bosses and subordinates). Certain employees might report to a boss during a certain period, after which the employee structure changes and he reports to a different boss.

What I have done is to first use the Qlikview hierarchy function to create the staff hierarchy. After which I used interval match to match the dates the activities occur to try to find who the employee was reporting to during that particular date. Do note that the employee-boss hierarchy changes for different periods (as mentioned above).

Issue: I'm getting loops in my data structure as follows:

DataStructure.jpg
Any ideas on how I can solve the loop?

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

So I've solved it by first creating a composite key of ID & Date in the Activities table, then creating a temporary bridge table, after which creating a new bridge table of All the dates joined into one interval.

Not applicable
Author

Hi New_Qliker,

Try the following :

1)Link Employees EMP_ID with StaffHierarchy EMP_ID

Also, In StaffHIerarchy, load EMP_ID as empID(just an alias for a diff column name to get rid of that synthetic Key)

2) Rename Activities EMP_ID as empID.

This should work.You dont need a bridge table in this case,as you have only one fact.

Hope this helps.

Please get back to me with your result or any further queries.

Rochelle