Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevejones1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Using P() Function

Hi

Can someone please help me in undrestanding why Priority filter values are being effective for Open Defect trends chart when there is no Priority column in Open Defects table?

I used P() to make sure  Segment and Scrum Team filters to apply for Both the charts .. is there any another way that i could refer filetr selection made in Trends Segment and Trends Scrum Team to apply for Open defects Segment and Open Defects Scrum Team?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be this

Sum({<OpenDefects_Segment = P({<Trends_Priority, Trends_L1>} Trends_Segment), OpenDefects_ScrumTeam = P({<Trends_Priority, Trends_L1>} Trends_ScrumTeam), Indicator={'Open'}>} Total_Bugs)

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be try this

Sum({<OpenDefects_Segment = P({1}Trends_Segment), OpenDefects_ScrumTeam = P({1}Trends_ScrumTeam), Indicator={'Open'}>} Total_Bugs)

stevejones1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

i think my requirement was not clear , when i select values from Priority and L1 filters the Open Defects Trends chart should NOT change, because Open Defects table do not have those fields. Open Defects Trends chart should ONLY work for Segment and Scrum Team, all 4 filters should apply for Find vs Fix charts

sunny_talwar

May be this

Sum({<OpenDefects_Segment = P({<Trends_Priority, Trends_L1>} Trends_Segment), OpenDefects_ScrumTeam = P({<Trends_Priority, Trends_L1>} Trends_ScrumTeam), Indicator={'Open'}>} Total_Bugs)

stevejones1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you this worked .. but can i know whats happening here , p() is a possible function right .. it should adeally match both the Opendefect segment and trends segment .. why was it filtering for Trends Prority and prends L1

and i have a bunch of filters .. not just priority and l1 in my actual application .. do i have explicitly mention all those in set analysis?

sunny_talwar

The p() and e() function have there own set analysis and can be reduced based on selection. In order to avoid any selection, I used 1, but as you mentioned that you only wanted to avoid selection in some of the fields, I changed it.

At first

Sum({<OpenDefects_Segment = P({1}Trends_Segment), OpenDefects_ScrumTeam = P({1}Trends_ScrumTeam), Indicator={'Open'}>} Total_Bugs)

Changed to

The part in the red is the inner set analysis for the p() function.