Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using aggr with if statement

Hi,

I have  expressions that are aggr expressions. If i use them individually they give the correct values but if i use an if statement they do not give values. For eg pls see attached qvw. I am trying to use a table with a dimension a and b. For a i want to show aggr(expr1) and for b i want to show aggr(expression2). Can aggr functions not be used with if statements ?

Regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Here, this is working

if(F1='a',sum(DISTINCT(tenure*aggr(NODISTINCT count({<flag={1}>}distinct(accounts)),tenure)))/count({<flag={1}>}distinct(accounts))

,if(F1='b',

sum(DISTINCT(tenure*aggr(NODISTINCT count({<flag={0}>}distinct(accounts)),tenure)))/count({<flag={0}>}distinct(accounts)),0

))

Best,

Sunny

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

What is the expected output?

Not applicable
Author

F1| Expr

a  | 4.555

b  | 5

sunny_talwar

Partially working:

if(F1='a',sum((tenure*aggr(NODISTINCT count({<flag={1}>}distinct(accounts)),tenure)))/count({<flag={1}>}distinct(accounts))

,if(F1='b',

sum((tenure*aggr(NODISTINCT count({<flag={0}>}distinct(accounts)),tenure)))/count({<flag={0}>}distinct(accounts)),0

))

Need to figure out why they are doubling. Maybe you can figure that out because of a better understanding of the data behind the scene.

Best,

Sunny

sunny_talwar

Here, this is working

if(F1='a',sum(DISTINCT(tenure*aggr(NODISTINCT count({<flag={1}>}distinct(accounts)),tenure)))/count({<flag={1}>}distinct(accounts))

,if(F1='b',

sum(DISTINCT(tenure*aggr(NODISTINCT count({<flag={0}>}distinct(accounts)),tenure)))/count({<flag={0}>}distinct(accounts)),0

))

Best,

Sunny

Not applicable
Author

This does appear to be working on the small data set that I have created thank you,but can you please explain the use of the extra distinct and nondistinct so that I can better understand what you did and why you did it?

Thanks for your help

Regards,

sunny_talwar

Had to use Distinct after Sum because of your data model. F1 was a island table which was duplicating all the records when getting used in the same table. You can live without that if your original data is not duplicating. The NODISTINCT is telling the Aggr function to repeat the same value for all the value in your table. Otherwise by default Aggr uses Distinct.

HTH

Best,

Sunny