Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doyleax123
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Using data points (from functions of one chart) in another chart

I have a line chart with one line showing actual sales, then added a couple more lines using functions to display moving averages. These values created by the moving averages aren't stored anywhere in my data, but can I create a new chart that can use those newly created data points? My end goal is to take the moving averages, and for each, calculate error statistics such as MSE, MAD, etc...

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

Like you said these results aren't stored anywhere else they will be just calculated on the fly within the context of your object. This meant you couldn't use the results from one object within another. Therefore you need to include everything (to eachother depending calculations) within a single chart.

In some cases it could be an additional option to use several charts and to position them over eachother with appropriate layout-adjustments - not sure if it will be applicable and sensible in your case.

- Marcus