Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using google maps in Qlikview

Hi,

I am new to qlikview, I have been trying to understand how googlw maps can be used in qlikview for which i tried to replicate the demo application put up in the community.But, I find that the data is not getting populated in my application even after the reload.So can anyone let me know where I am going run and also there is a peice of code in the tab2(i.e., Main2) of my edit script which i have just copied from the demo application as explained but i don not understand its purpose.So please explain the code being written in the tab2(i.e., Main2) persistent application.

I am attaching the application that i have been working on

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Please check attached.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

The way i see it, you do not have the lat/long information available. The table is empty.

Also, you can check the attached qvw, which i have modified a little with a scatter chart to plot the map view.

I have added two extra variables in the sheet "Main 2" for the map plot to work.

map_size_x=    '700';

map_size_y=     '450';

The Google map background script is added to the "Color" option tab in the Chart properties.

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for. Just try to get the lat long information loaded into this QVW to view the plotted chart. I have linked the tables based on City, thinking that you are trying to pot a city level chart. You can link the tables based on the level you want to plot over the google map.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Aadil

Not applicable
Author

Hi Aadil,

I find that the application that you have put up is performing a binary load and fetching the data but still there is no data for Emp_EmployeeName and Emp_Sales, Could you please let me know why this is happening

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Please check attached.