Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using google maps in Qlikview

Hi,

I am new to qlikview, I have been trying to understand how googlw maps can be used in qlikview for which i tried to replicate the demo application put up in the community.But, I find that the data is not getting populated in my application even after the reload.So can anyone let me know where I am going run and also there is a peice of code in the tab2(i.e., Main2) of my edit script which i have just copied from the demo application as explained but i don not understand its purpose.So please explain the code being written in the tab2(i.e., Main2) persistent application.

I am attaching the application that i have been working on

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Please check attached.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

The way i see it, you do not have the lat/long information available. The table is empty.

Also, you can check the attached qvw, which i have modified a little with a scatter chart to plot the map view.

I have added two extra variables in the sheet "Main 2" for the map plot to work.

map_size_x=    '700';

map_size_y=     '450';

The Google map background script is added to the "Color" option tab in the Chart properties.

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for. Just try to get the lat long information loaded into this QVW to view the plotted chart. I have linked the tables based on City, thinking that you are trying to pot a city level chart. You can link the tables based on the level you want to plot over the google map.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Aadil

Not applicable
Author

Hi Aadil,

I find that the application that you have put up is performing a binary load and fetching the data but still there is no data for Emp_EmployeeName and Emp_Sales, Could you please let me know why this is happening

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Please check attached.