Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using variables to generate radar chart

Hi All,

Let's say I've got five variables. Call them variables 1 through 5. all of these variables can have a value between 0 and 100%. Users of my application interact with these variables via sliders, and I want to show them visually what this combination of variables 'looks like' using a radar chart.

Any ideas on how I would get these independantly declared variables into a format that QV can interpret as a radar chart?

I've tried using input fields, but then I cant use the sliders

Thoughts?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ryan,

When building the Radar chart, do not specify any dimensions. Then simply add an expression for each variable you would like to plot.

i.e. =$(v1) for the 1st expression, =$(v2) for the 2nd expression

Then you can control the Radar chart with your sliders.

I hope this helps

Thanks

Nick

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ryan,

When building the Radar chart, do not specify any dimensions. Then simply add an expression for each variable you would like to plot.

i.e. =$(v1) for the 1st expression, =$(v2) for the 2nd expression

Then you can control the Radar chart with your sliders.

I hope this helps

Thanks

Nick

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Ryan,

So, it has to be a slider which like you said eliminates the input field option. Does it have to be a radar chart? Since each variable is a discrete value it would be easier to do as a bar chart because the you'll only get points and no line.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Nick!

I feel like a bit of an idiot for not having tried that!

A radar chart makes the most sense here because the values themselves are being combined into a weighting factor. I want to show how much weight each factor is given, hence the radar chart.

Thanks all!

-R