Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wgonzalez
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Value of variable based on SectionAccess field

Hi,

I need to hide or show specific sheets or objects in a QVW, based on a field in the SectionAccess file.

This is my UserAccess table in the SectionAccess file.  I plan to set a variable in the QVW, based on the value of field STAFF, but I don't know how to access such field in the QVW.  The STAFF field is not part of the data model; it's only on the SA table.

ACCESSUSERIDPASSWORDNTACCOUNTCOSUPVIDSTAFF
USER**AM\USER1ABC*Y
USER**AM\USER2ABC*Y
USER**AM\USER3ABC*N

Thanks.

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Fields which only belong to the Section Access table cannot be accessed or referred in the normal script. Only the reduction fields (those that do exist in the data model and establish which values can a user see) can be used.

You will need to duplicate that field somewhere in the data model (e.g.: include an "Employee" table in the data model) or use a different approach. It's difficult to say more without knowing the use case for such field.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Fields which only belong to the Section Access table cannot be accessed or referred in the normal script. Only the reduction fields (those that do exist in the data model and establish which values can a user see) can be used.

You will need to duplicate that field somewhere in the data model (e.g.: include an "Employee" table in the data model) or use a different approach. It's difficult to say more without knowing the use case for such field.
wgonzalez
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks.  I loaded a copy of the user access table into the data model and got access to the fields.  I can now condition the display of specific sheets depending on the field STAFF.  Thanks.