Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Valuelist issue when using sum, aggr, above functions

Hi,

I'm using Valuelist for "Cash Flow" data visualization in a Pivot Table. However, in the first row I needed to rollout the running balance over the Month dimension. So I had to use a combination of sum, aggr, rangesum, above functions to get it done:

sum(aggr(rangesum(above(total sum({<Month=>}Amount),0,RowNo())),Month))

The next row I needed to use that running amount -in the first row- to calculate something else like the ending balance. But when I tried to use the same expression it wasn't returning any value.

So here are my questions:

1. What could the reason for this behavior? Is there any work-around?

2. How can I use the value in the first row or any certain row to calculate something in a different row?

Please see the attached sample.

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Try

pick(match(ValueList('acc1','acc2','acc3'),'acc1','acc2','acc3'),

sum(aggr(NODISTINCT rangesum(above(total sum({<Month=>}Amount),0,RowNo())),Month))

,sum(aggr(NODISTINCT rangesum(above(total sum({<Month=>}Amount),0,RowNo())),Month))+1

,sum(aggr(NODISTINCT rangesum(above(total sum({<Month=>}Amount),0,RowNo())),Month))+2

)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, for some reason the "NODISTINCT" it works on the sample data but giving odd numbers in the real data.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Could you post a sample QVW that is closer to your real setting?

Not applicable
Author

Well, it seems due to data complexity issue, I can't use "NODISTINCT".

Is there anyway to assign that value into some kind of variable, array, or something and use it in other calculations within the same list?