cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Variable Copy Problem

Dear,

I have my all variable in one Notepad

Now, I am getting those variables using The Include statement. In future, If i update my variable from Notepad i want to applicable qvw file also.

Can anyone Assist me?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
7 Replies
robert_mika
Master III
Master III

If you reload your app new variable should be loaded.

What is the Copy problem?

Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

Here, i want to fetching that Notepad variables into Qlikview? Is that is possible? I am using Include statement. Here, For next level if i change my path on my variable from Notepad then should be path need to change in Qlikview file also. I apologize my english

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Not applicable

Hi Anil,

Have a look this thread, might be helpful for you

Include Statement with a variable relative path

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You can use this little QlikView script to load your variables from an external source (text file / excel):

Set Analysis in Expression (Chart)?

rubenmarin

Hi Anil, using 'Include' it will load the content of the txt as it is, I don't think it will do anything.

To work only with the include the content of the file should be like:

LET a = 2;

LET vPath = 'D:/Location/File';

Other approach, can be load the values as a file and create the variables in a bucle (without the 'include'):

Variables:

LOAD @1 as varName,

@2 as varContent

FROM

[.\Variables.txt]

(txt, utf8, no labels, delimiter is ';', msq);

For i=0 to NoOfRows('Variables')-1

LET varName = Peek('varName', $(i));

LET varContent = Peek('varContent', $(i));

LET $(varName) = '$(varContent)';

Next

DROP Table Variables;

LET varName = ;

LET varContent = ;

Note: Things like simple quotes or dollar expansions '$(' in the txt files can cause issues when loading into QlikView. There are some workarounds to avoid this.

Anil_Babu_Samineni
Author

Yes, That is in Excel. After that i want to send that Data into Text. Then I want to load that Notepad(Text) into Qvw.