Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Variable Using Alternate State

I have a variable I am using to provide a dynamic header for a chart.  It lets users know what Release they have selected.  It is a relatively simple variable:

=If(Len(GetFieldSelections(Release)) < 1, 'All', GetFieldSelections(Release))

This works great.  However, they just asked for another chart which necessitated me creating an alternate state to provide the desired data.  I want to continue providing the dynamic title but am not sure how to change the variable to properly utilize the alternate state.  After reading through a number of posts, I thought I had found a solution but it doesn't work.  The Alternate State is called "IndividualVelocity" and the code I tried is below:

=If(Len(GetFieldSelections({[IndividualVelocity]} Release)) < 1, 'All', GetFieldSelections({[IndividualVelocity]} Release))

Any pointers on what I am misunderstanding is much appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

If you have older version of the application you can try to use the count instead:

=If(Count({IndividualVelocity} DISTINCT Release) < 1, 'All', Concat({IndividualVelocity} DISTINCT Release, ','))

HTH

Best,

Sunny

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

The newer release of QlikView (SR8 above I think) allows for entering the state name. Please look at the attached image.

Best,

Sunny

sunny_talwar

If you have older version of the application you can try to use the count instead:

=If(Count({IndividualVelocity} DISTINCT Release) < 1, 'All', Concat({IndividualVelocity} DISTINCT Release, ','))

HTH

Best,

Sunny

Not applicable
Author

Thank you!  Works perfectly.  I have SR6 so don't have the alternate state option (tried it and it gave me a syntax error).

Thanks for the quick and complete response (i.e., taking into account both scenarios).

Mark.

sunny_talwar

Mark,

Not a problem. I am glad that I was able to resolve your issue.

Best,

Sunny