Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Variable issues in app

Hello I am building a dashboard with policy and claims data. I have selected a claim and set the corresponding policy number as a variable. The policy number is then passed through another chart which gives me a list of all claims associated with selected policy. When i select a policy number whos characters are all numbers (including leading zeros) the policy drilldown works fine. However, when the variable is set to a policy number whos characters contain a letters and numbers, the leading zeros are removed and the drilldown does not function properly. Does anyone know how i can fix this. I tried to load the policy field as text(policy) in the script and had no luck fixing this issue.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

fixed the problem. It was a way the variable was being used in set analysis. Thanks for the help

View solution in original post

5 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

So your policy number comes as Numbers and characters ? May be you can try like in the script

LOAD .....,

if(ISNum(Policy), Policy, text(Policy)) AS NewPolicy

FROM ...;

Try this if not can you share some sample to look into.

Not applicable
Author

example of policy number that works : 0000123456 (leading zeros are kept in variable)

example of policy number that does not work: 0000A123456 (variable value = A123456 and no matching policy is found)

i will try loading the script is you suggested

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Ok. Try and let me know. BTW how you defined your variable and where exactly you are using this variable can you give me some details?

Not applicable
Author

fixed the problem. It was a way the variable was being used in set analysis. Thanks for the help

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Can you show how you fixed it so that others can get helped.