Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
antonaks
Creator II
Creator II

Variables from Excel

I ask for help in working with variables.

I load variables from an Excel file.
For example, vFact and vPlan. After I begin to conduct mathematical operations on them, the result behaves quite strangely.

For example, the expression =$(vFact) / $(vPlan) displays a huge number, although if you take the value of each variable separately, everything is fine.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
antonaks
Creator II
Creator II
Author

By trial and error, I came to this result.

I do not understand why, but if you write each variable in a new line, it works as it should.

// Not work

$(FactSales_CM_TD_Exec) / $(PlanSales_CM_TD_Exec)

// Good work

$(FactSales_CM_TD_Exec)

/

$(PlanSales_CM_TD_Exec)

// If use braces, they must be write in new line too

// Good work (if use braces)

(

$(FactSales_CM_TD_Exec)

/

$(FactChecks_CM_TD_Exec)

)

/

(

$(PlanSales_CM_TD_Exec)

/

$(PlanChecks_CM_TD_Exec)

)

View solution in original post

17 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Try to explain your input data of excel with variables? And what you are getting then what you needed?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
antonaks
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I'm using a download from a table with variables.

[Temp_Expressions]:

Replace only

LOAD

ID_Expression,

Name,

Expression,

Comment,

Feature

FROM

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is EXPRESSIONS);

FOR i = 0 to NoOfRows('Temp_Expressions') - 1

LET vName = Peek('Name', i, 'Temp_Expressions');

LET vComment = Peek('Comment', i, 'Temp_Expressions');

LET vFeature = Peek('Feature', i, 'Temp_Expressions');

LET $(vName) = Peek('Expression', i, 'Temp_Expressions') & '// $(vFeature):' & ' $(vComment)' ;

NEXT i

antonaks
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Sample Source   

ID_ExpressionNameExpression
1CountTT_CM_TDCount(DISTINCT {$<CM_TD={1}>} [ID ФИЛИАЛА])
2FactSales_CM_TD_ExecSum({$<[НАЗВАНИЕ КАНАЛА]-={'Производитель'},[ID ТИПА ДОКУМЕНТА]={2,7,10}, [ВИД КОКУМЕНТА]={1,2,4,15,19,20,27,28,29,30}, CM_TD={1}>}([СУММА С НДС]*[ТИП ОПЕРАЦИИ]))
3FactChecks_CM_TD_ExecCount(DISTINCT{$<[НАЗВАНИЕ КАНАЛА]-={'Производитель'},[ID ТИПА ДОКУМЕНТА]={2,7,10}, [ВИД КОКУМЕНТА]={1,2,4,15,19,20,27,28,29,30}, CM_TD={1}>}DOC_FILIAL_KEY)
4FactQuantity_CM_TD_ExecSum({$<[НАЗВАНИЕ КАНАЛА]-={'Производитель'},[ID ТИПА ДОКУМЕНТА]={2,7,10}, [ВИД КОКУМЕНТА]={1,2,4,15,19,20,27,28,29,30}, CM_TD={1}>}([КОЛ-ВО]*[ТИП ОПЕРАЦИИ]))
Anil_Babu_Samineni

When you say =$(vFact) / $(vPlan) receive huge number. I am expecting try to split into 2 variables of 2 text boxes like 1) $(vFact)

2) $(vPlan)

Then let us know the values you are getting and then tell us the result you are expecting?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
antonaks
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Separately, each

$(vFact)  = 85 345 706

$(vPlan) = 85 377 077

Division

$(vFact)  / $(vPlan) = 85 342 240,17

Must be

$(vFact)  / $(vPlan) =0,9963 ...

biirka
Contributor II
Contributor II

Is your vFact formula of the form A - B?

If yes that would explain the issue you are having as you would get A - B / vPlan.

Try writing the formula as ($(vFact)) / ($(vPlan)).

Anil_Babu_Samineni

What are you getting when you use vFact / vPlan ??

antonaks
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I wrote above:

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I wrote above:

But, My reply is

What are you getting when you use vFact / vPlan ??