Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asmithids
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Venn Diagram Color Management

Hello,

I created a Venn Diagram with 8 separate fields.  See attached qvw.  The issue is I don't see how I can assign a different color for each field.  Currently, it's repeating the same three colors for the first six fields and then using the first two colors for the last two remaining fields.

The Venn Diagram uses a straight table as the chart.  Straight tables do not allow for color management.

Does anyone know how to manipulate colors in a straight table?

Thank you,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Qlikview does not have a Venn chart type. You have to use a url that produces an image (like the google chart) or an extension. I don't know of an existing extension for venn but there may be one out there.

-Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You are using the Google Chart API ,not Qlikview, to generate this chart. Any color management would be done by the Google API.

https://developers.google.com/chart/image/docs/gallery/venn_charts\

I believe that API only supports 2 or 3 circles, not the 8 you are looking for.

-Rob

asmithids
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Rob,

Can QlikView create Venn Diagrams?  I did not see the chart option. 

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Qlikview does not have a Venn chart type. You have to use a url that produces an image (like the google chart) or an extension. I don't know of an existing extension for venn but there may be one out there.

-Rob

asmithids
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Ok.  Thanks! 

Not applicable