Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Venn Diagrams - Dynamic Selections for Objects

Hi All,

BACKGROUND:

A few posts ago Dariusz Mielczarek was Genius enough to help me create Set Analysis variables to create a Venn Diagram

Those variables looked like this

vVennSelect1

trim(SubField(GetFieldSelections(Order_Name),',',1))

vVennCount1

count({$<Order_Name={'$(vVennSelect1)'}>} ID)

and for the intersections

vVennCount_AB

sum(aggr(if(count(DISTINCT {<Order_Name={'$(=vVennSelect1)','$(=vVennSelect2)'}>}Order_Name)=2,1,0), ID))

Along with some google expression API, i was able to create a nice Venn diagram when the user selected 2 or 3  given [Order_Name]

however after some UAT, users said they would like the Venn to work on high level detail rather than the granular detail of [Order_Name] . My Data Model has other fields with groupings such as [Order_Type] (online, mail, telephone, walkin) or [Delivery_Type] (voucher, evoucher, delivery, pickup).

QUESTION:

i'm using GetFieldSelections - is there any other way i could adjust these expressions and variables to allow the Venn Diagram to show ,based of the count of ID, using the field they are selecting on the dashboard? rather that hardcoded to one measurment [Order_Name]

Thanks.

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Matthew,

i think this is possible

I understand, that we will still count ID, but in the context of other dimension.

Not applicable
Author

Here is very very simple example for you how you may deal with chart level selection and how to build dynamic expressions. Try to change hardcoded column name with $(=only(Col_name)).

Let me know if it works for you.

regards

Darek