Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
muhammadraza
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Not getting numeric data when trying to connect an odbc resource

Hello Guys,

I have connected Tally ERP with Qlikview via ODBC, the problem is that I am not getting numeric data and only getting Text data. The table name is Ledger and all field in this table are varchar.

I am getting everything when I use some third party odbc connector tool to get the data from the resource (as shown below)

1.png

But when I use Qlikview to retrieve the data

2.png

It displays everything except the data which is numeric.

3.png

Please guide what can be the issue.

Best Regards,

Muhammad Raza

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
muhammadraza
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I have solved this problem by connecting through OLE DB (32 bit) instead of ODBC (32 bit)

//ODBC CONNECT32 TO TallyODBC_9000;

OLEDB CONNECT32 TO [Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security Info=False;Data Source=TallyODBC_9000;Extended Properties=""];

View solution in original post

3 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

The SELECT statement is evaluated by the ODBC driver and not by QlikView. In my experience, QlikView always shows what it gets from the ODBC driver, so I suspect there is something wrong with the parameters of the ODBC data source.

What do you see when you create your SELECT statement? Can you see the values then? See picture below.

HIC

Image2.png

muhammadraza
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Actually I am not able to see the preview because when I try to see the (selected) columns preview I get some error from Tally which actually closes the ODBC connection.

Besides ODBC connector tool we are also able to connect this ODBC from excel and see the numbers as well as the text, but it is only creating problem with the Qlikview.

5.png

4.png

muhammadraza
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I have solved this problem by connecting through OLE DB (32 bit) instead of ODBC (32 bit)

//ODBC CONNECT32 TO TallyODBC_9000;

OLEDB CONNECT32 TO [Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security Info=False;Data Source=TallyODBC_9000;Extended Properties=""];