Skip to main content
Announcements
YOUR OPINION MATTERS! Please take the Qlik Experience survey you received via email. Survey ends June 14.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Very Starnge regarding un structured data

Hi all i  have the db query

SELECT  CATGR,sum(population) FROM mytable
   where upper(RTRIM(CATGR)) = UPPER('Missing Doc') and  ctry_name='us' and date ='01-JAN-16' group by CATGR

output in sql db is    Missing Doc  =     152

when i'm loading data into qlikview the  sum(CATGR) as 152 (may be because of un structured data)

when i'm running the below query

SELECT  CATGR,sum(population) FROM mytable
   where CATGR='Missing Doc' and    ctry_name='us' and date ='01-JAN-16' group by CATGR
      output is  Missing Doc  =     83

i want my sum(CATGR)  as 83

any idea on how to load unstructured data into qlikview

please help me out

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

It's not quite clear to me what you are trying to do and what your issue is. But upper(RTRIM(CATGR)) = UPPER('Missing Doc') isn't the same like CATGR='Missing Doc' and might be therefore return other/more records which are then be aggregated. Maybe it's easier for testings to load the data without those condition and then to examine them within a tablebox and afterwards you could adjust your condition to get the really wanted records.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

It's not quite clear to me what you are trying to do and what your issue is. But upper(RTRIM(CATGR)) = UPPER('Missing Doc') isn't the same like CATGR='Missing Doc' and might be therefore return other/more records which are then be aggregated. Maybe it's easier for testings to load the data without those condition and then to examine them within a tablebox and afterwards you could adjust your condition to get the really wanted records.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus, Thank you for the response actually my problem is i want to load the spaces in DB into qlikview as it is.

I got the solution for that

Thanks for the quick response anyway i got some knowledge by your comments