Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

WHERE in a replace load Statement - Help Needed

Hi Community,

I hope you can help me.

I want to load date from an already existing qlikview table using load... resident... where

The load resident clause is working without the "where" thus I figure my error has to be in the where part:

The resident Table has the field [ERG-Datum-Zeit] which is a timestamp. In the new table I only want to load the rows which are within an intervall specified by two variable (schmat_datum_von, schmat_datum_bis) those are timestamps as well.

Here are the where clauses I tried without success:

WHERE "ERG-DatumZeit">=$(schmat_datum_von) and "ERG-DatumZeit"<=$(schmat_datum_bis);

where timestamp#([ERG-DatumZeit],'DD.MM.YYYY hh:mm')>=timestamp#($(schmat_datum_von),'DD.MM.YYYY hh:mm') and timestamp#([ERG-DatumZeitBis],'DD.MM.YYYY hh:mm')<=timestamp#($(schmat_datum_bis),'DD.MM.YYYY hh:mm');

In the Errormessage it complains about an Syntax Error (Fehlerhafte Syntax).

Any Ideas what might be wrong?

Regards,

Matthias

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

try this :

WHERE [ERG-DatumZeit]>='$(schmat_datum_von)' and [ERG-DatumZeit]<='$(schmat_datum_bis)'

View solution in original post

5 Replies
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Are the variables there before the where statement? And what if you replace " with [ for the field names?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The variable are currently coming from an input box.

The error message gives the values of the variables thus I think that the variable values are all right. I guess the problem is related to the field. (This time I included the fieldnames in brackets)

test.JPG

Regards,

Matthias

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

try this :

WHERE [ERG-DatumZeit]>='$(schmat_datum_von)' and [ERG-DatumZeit]<='$(schmat_datum_bis)'

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks the ' ' did the trick. Though I dont know yet what they do... they work.

I have two more (minor) questions though:

1) Despite the fact, that I am using replace load - if I am running the script partially instead of replacing the table the new data is put into a new table with an interation. Why is that?

2) How can I prevent to get records with null values in my new table? I tried ERG-DatumZeit not null or <>null but those caused errors as well.

- Matthias

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

2) not isnull(ERG-DatumZeit)

1) not sure, need to have a sample data to check