Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Want to use the dimension in a chart a bit differently

tablea:

load * inline

[

segment, state, salary

a,nsw,2000

b,vic,3000

c,sa,1500

b,sa,1200

a,vic,3350

];

tableb:

load * inline

[

t_segment, t_state, t_salary

a,nsw,2000

b,vic,3000

c,sa,1500

b,sa,1200

a,vic,3350

];

Hi, I have two tables like that. tablea and tableb. both are similar except they have different column names. I can't have the same name for both tables for a number of reasons, it is a long story.

When i plot a chart with segment and state as the dimension and salary and t_salary as expressions, t_salary obviously doesn't respect the dimensionality (it behaves as if i had used a "total") Can we make that happen?. I want t_salary to respect the dimension segment likening it to t_segment. Is that possible? Any advice will be of great help.

Thanks and regards,

Ram

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ram,

I'm not sure what your restrictions are with regards to the field names / script modifications. If you can load the data and then rename the fields in tableb, that's the way to go... rename the t_segment and t_state fields so that they match the fields in tablea either during the data load or after the load using the 'rename field' keword.

If you can't rename the fields but you can edit the script, add a composite key field to each table consisting of concatenated values in segment and state fields for each table.

If you can't touch the script whatsoever, please let us know.

Regards... Brian

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ram,

I'm not sure what your restrictions are with regards to the field names / script modifications. If you can load the data and then rename the fields in tableb, that's the way to go... rename the t_segment and t_state fields so that they match the fields in tablea either during the data load or after the load using the 'rename field' keword.

If you can't rename the fields but you can edit the script, add a composite key field to each table consisting of concatenated values in segment and state fields for each table.

If you can't touch the script whatsoever, please let us know.

Regards... Brian

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Brian. That is what i was looking for.

regards,

Ram