Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Waterfall chart using a stacked bar chart

Hi,

I need to build a waterfall chart using a stacked bar chart that shows me the evolution of two categories of sales of the last 5 months until the YTD for the qualified and requalified categories. The objective is to achieve a result like showed in the image below.

waterfall_chart.png

I’m trying to use the offset option with a stacked bar chart but I’m not getting any results. I have two expressions one for each category of sales and a offset expression based on something I read in Qlik Community.

I’m using as calculated dimension the following:

=Pick(Type, Month, 'Total')

The Type value is a table I have in load script:

Table:
LOAD * Inline [
Type
]
;

The formulas I’m using are:

=If(Pick(Type, Month, 'Total') = 'Total', Sum(total Value), Sum({$<CategoryType={'Qualified'}>} Value))

=If(Pick(Type, Month, 'Total') = 'Total', Sum(total Value), Sum({$<CategoryType={'Requalified'}>} Value))

The offset expression is:

=If(RowNo() = 1, 0, Sum(Total Value) - RangeSum(Above(If(Pick(Type, Month, 'Total') = 'Total', 0, Sum({$<CategoryType ={'Qualified'}>} Value)), 0, RowNo())))

Could anyone help me with this, please?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Paulo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Or are you looking for this?

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

24 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Interesting,

Can you post your application

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
sunny_talwar

I agree with Anil, it would be easier to help if you can provide what you have today.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

The image shared is not in Qlikview and is just to give a clue for the objective I want to achieve.

Pfa the sample application I'm working on.

Thanks

Paulo

sunny_talwar

Like this?

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

Yes, It's exactly what I want, but only for the last 5 months until YTD. E.g March 16, April 16, May 16, June 16, July 16, YTD 16. Could you help?

Many Thanks

Paulo

sunny_talwar

This?

Capture.PNG

sunny_talwar

Or are you looking for this?

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

Great. That's what I looking for.

However when I'm do it in my application I'not getting any data. Gives me 'No data to display'. I believe this is happen because the Date condition to restrict to the last 5 months.

Thanks again

Paulo

sunny_talwar

What is the expression you are using? Can you share that?