Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Waterfall chart using a stacked bar chart

Hi,

I need to build a waterfall chart using a stacked bar chart that shows me the evolution of two categories of sales of the last 5 months until the YTD for the qualified and requalified categories. The objective is to achieve a result like showed in the image below.

waterfall_chart.png

I’m trying to use the offset option with a stacked bar chart but I’m not getting any results. I have two expressions one for each category of sales and a offset expression based on something I read in Qlik Community.

I’m using as calculated dimension the following:

=Pick(Type, Month, 'Total')

The Type value is a table I have in load script:

Table:
LOAD * Inline [
Type
]
;

The formulas I’m using are:

=If(Pick(Type, Month, 'Total') = 'Total', Sum(total Value), Sum({$<CategoryType={'Qualified'}>} Value))

=If(Pick(Type, Month, 'Total') = 'Total', Sum(total Value), Sum({$<CategoryType={'Requalified'}>} Value))

The offset expression is:

=If(RowNo() = 1, 0, Sum(Total Value) - RangeSum(Above(If(Pick(Type, Month, 'Total') = 'Total', 0, Sum({$<CategoryType ={'Qualified'}>} Value)), 0, RowNo())))

Could anyone help me with this, please?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Paulo

24 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I'm using the expressions that you share in sample.

=Sum({$<TipoCandidatura={'Qualificação'}>}NrCandidaturasEntradas) * Avg({<Date = {"$(='>=' & Date(MonthStart(Max(Date), -4), 'DD-MM-YYYY') & '<=' & Date(Max(Date), 'DD-MM-YYYY'))"}>} 1)

and for the bar offset:

=If(Pick(Type, CategoryMonth, 'Total') = 'Total', 0,

RangeSum(Above(Sum({$<TipoCandidatura={'Qualificação', 'Requalificação'}>}NrCandidaturasEntradas), 1, RowNo())))

Not applicable
Author

Hi sunny,

Based on the expressions from the last sample you share, I get the correct results, but the graph sow me all months ( Jan to Dec). The question now is how to show only the last 5 months.

Thanks

Paulo

sunny_talwar

I thought it was working? It stopped working again?

Not applicable
Author

It works nice for all months. But I need to present only the last five months and its what is not working.

Please see a screenshot:

waterfall.PNG

Any ideas what could be?

Thanks

Paulo

sunny_talwar

Multiplying with this -> Avg({<Date = {"$(='>=' & Date(MonthStart(Max(Date), -4), 'DD-MM-YYYY') & '<=' & Date(Max(Date), 'DD-MM-YYYY'))"}>} 1) did not help?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

I think now its working fine.

Many thanks

Regards

Paulo

sunny_talwar

What was the issue?

Not applicable
Author

I have made a change on the calculated dimension to add the date format

=Pick(Type, date(SubcategoriaMonthYear,'MMM-yyyy'), 'Total')

and put a dimension limit to 6 to show me only the last months.

BTW Sunny, I have now an issue, following the same case, to get the totals for the last 5 months, but this time using Text Objects for the totals and Labels for the Month Year description. Something like showed in the image below:

ongoing_by_month.PNG

How could be the best approach to do this? Can you help me?

Many thanks

Paulo

sunny_talwar

So can you clarify as to what exactly are you trying to do?

Not applicable
Author

Imagine the same exercise that we did above using a waterfall chart, now to be done using Text objects that will present the totals for each month of the last 5 and the total for YTD. E.g:

Text box 1 will have the total for Month-5 and a label with the description "March 2016"

Text box 2 will have the total for Month-4 and a label with the description "April 2016"

Text box 3 will have the total for Month-3 and a label with the description "May 2016"

Text box 4 will have the total for Month-2 and a label with the description "June 2016"

Text box 5 will have the total for Month-1 and a label with the description "July 2016"

Text box 6 will have the total YTD and a label with the description "YTD 2016"

I'm doing the same exercise for "Years" and it works fine with the following expression (e.g. for Year-2):

=num(sum({Year = {$(=max(Year-2))}, Month = {"<=$(=max({<Year={$(=max(Year-2))}>} Month))"}>} Value))

But when I trying to change the expression for Months is not working.

Also using the other expression like the following is not working.

=Sum({<Date = {'>=$(=MonthStart(Max(Date), -2)) <= $(=MonthEnd(Max(Date), -2))'}>}Value)

You could use the sample that I sent you before to see the data.

Thanks

Regards

Paulo