Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Waterfall chart using a stacked bar chart

Hi,

I need to build a waterfall chart using a stacked bar chart that shows me the evolution of two categories of sales of the last 5 months until the YTD for the qualified and requalified categories. The objective is to achieve a result like showed in the image below.

waterfall_chart.png

I’m trying to use the offset option with a stacked bar chart but I’m not getting any results. I have two expressions one for each category of sales and a offset expression based on something I read in Qlik Community.

I’m using as calculated dimension the following:

=Pick(Type, Month, 'Total')

The Type value is a table I have in load script:

Table:
LOAD * Inline [
Type
]
;

The formulas I’m using are:

=If(Pick(Type, Month, 'Total') = 'Total', Sum(total Value), Sum({$<CategoryType={'Qualified'}>} Value))

=If(Pick(Type, Month, 'Total') = 'Total', Sum(total Value), Sum({$<CategoryType={'Requalified'}>} Value))

The offset expression is:

=If(RowNo() = 1, 0, Sum(Total Value) - RangeSum(Above(If(Pick(Type, Month, 'Total') = 'Total', 0, Sum({$<CategoryType ={'Qualified'}>} Value)), 0, RowNo())))

Could anyone help me with this, please?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Paulo

24 Replies
sunny_talwar

Something like this?

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Yes something like this...but I think the values are not being calculated correctly. If I make a selection the values seems to be incorrect.They should be the same as showed in the graph,right?

I also need to put the month description that will change according to the month selected.

Thanks

Paulo

sunny_talwar

Like what selections have you made? Can you give screenshot of where it isn't working?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

I’ve looked more closely to the results and I think the values are correct. If needed I will come back here.

Many thanks

Paulo

sunny_talwar

Sounds like a plan