Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Week(now()) cause for straight table refresh?

Hello,

I have a straight table which shows the number of hours a person had to work according tot a certain norm. To give sensible results I used Week(now()) to display the current amount of hours.

But now the straight table is constantly refreshing and takes a lot of resources (like CPU and memory). Can the use of Week(now()) be the cause?

Is there another solution to sum up the hours and show the sum for the current week?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Now() is returning the time at function call. As the help states, this may result in performance problems and that is what you see.

But you could probably use Now(0) or Now(2) to prevent performance issues, please have a look at the Help for details.

Regards,

Stefan

View solution in original post

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Now() is returning the time at function call. As the help states, this may result in performance problems and that is what you see.

But you could probably use Now(0) or Now(2) to prevent performance issues, please have a look at the Help for details.

Regards,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

If you have data only till this week, week=max(week) in set analysis will be enough. However what is the datavolume here?

Thanks,

Kiran.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks swuehl, that did the trick.

I was looking in the help but couldn't find anything.