Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Weighted Average of Rows?

Please see below and attached. I'm trying to show the year over year Change % in sales of the Top 10 customers. The values are correct per customer line, but what's needed on the total line is the Change %  in total sales. Neither Expression Total nor Average of Rows gives me what I need. The best I can get is an equally weighted average of the ten Change %'s shown, when in fact I need a weighted average -- or, alternately, the expression applied at the total line level. Do you see a way to get this? Thanks.

avg of totals.png !

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this:

=Sum({$<Year={$(=Only(Year))}, Customer = {"=Rank(Sum({$<Year={$(=Only(Year))}>} Sales)) < 11"}>} Sales)/Sum({$<Year={$(=Only(Year) - 1)}, Customer = {"=Rank(Sum({$<Year={$(=Only(Year))}>} Sales)) < 11"}>} Sales) - 1

Not applicable
Author

Brain,

Copy this expression to change% - ((column(1)-column(2))/column(2))*100

and change total mode in expressions tab for this expression to 'kutosis'

Hope this will help.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks. That sort of works. The total percent is correct to some power of 10, but the expression * 1000 messes up the percentages.

Not applicable
Author

That's really messy, but it seems to work and not impact performance. So thanks!

sunny_talwar

you have dimension limits which are causing issue.... I passed those limits to your expression via set analysis. Calculate this percentage for only those customers who have Rank(Sum({$<Year={$(=Only(Year))}>} Sales)) < 11

If you got what you wanted, I would suggest you to close this thread by marking correct and helpful responses.

Qlik Community Tip: Marking Replies as Correct or Helpful

Best,

Sunny