Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

What are the supported file formats?

I just downloaded QlikView Personal Edition for evaluation for my work.

When I create a new file, I found out that the only selection of file formats available is a collection of different excel file formats.

So, I'm wondering here if QlikView commercial edition supports other files formats like CSV, MSACCESS, or maybe connecting to various different database engines such as MySQL, MSSQL?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Michael - please take a look at this video series - it will answer your initial question and much more:

New to QlikView Videos

Getting Started with QlikView 11 - Connect and Query Data

Getting Started with QlikView 11 - Your First Chart Object

Yes - there are many data sources and formats that can be used with Personal Edition. The wizard that starts when you start QlikView - is just a helper tool - the Getting Started Wizard -  If you wanted to - you could put *.* in the input box and select .csv and other text based data and delimited data.

wizard.png

Please let me know how you do.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo

Senior Product Technical Manager

QlikView and QlikView Expressor

Follow me on Twitter @mtarallo

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Michael - please take a look at this video series - it will answer your initial question and much more:

New to QlikView Videos

Getting Started with QlikView 11 - Connect and Query Data

Getting Started with QlikView 11 - Your First Chart Object

Yes - there are many data sources and formats that can be used with Personal Edition. The wizard that starts when you start QlikView - is just a helper tool - the Getting Started Wizard -  If you wanted to - you could put *.* in the input box and select .csv and other text based data and delimited data.

wizard.png

Please let me know how you do.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo

Senior Product Technical Manager

QlikView and QlikView Expressor

Follow me on Twitter @mtarallo

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

This may also help:  http://www.qlik.com/us/explore/solutions/data-source/qlikview-data-sources

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Michael. I will check the videos and tutorials.