Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

What exactly happens every time you run the script?

I was wondering what happens every time there is re-run of a script? For example, when you run a script for the first time QVW gets associated with its own ADB (Associative DataBase). Now, when I make modification to the script and re-run will the old ADB with its QVW gets delete? or QVW sense an incremental update by itself? Or entire QVW is recreated from the scratch?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

So far as I know, all of the data in memory (the ADB if you want to call it that) is dropped as soon as you press reload, and it starts over. It does not "sense an incremental update by itself".

View solution in original post

3 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

So far as I know, all of the data in memory (the ADB if you want to call it that) is dropped as soon as you press reload, and it starts over. It does not "sense an incremental update by itself".

Not applicable
Author

It does not change any thing in the QVW file, unless you press save.

when you do reload, It first deletes the ADB from the RAM , And creates a new ADB in the RAM. If you press save after reload, this new ADB & front end changes will be saved in the qvw file.

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

To be more specific, when you run a full Reload, all Tables and Fields are getting removed first, and the new ADB is being created based on the script logic. Two entities sustain reload - Variables and User-entered INPUTFIELD values.

If you run a Partial Reload, then the ADB is not being wiped-out, but rather individual tables are being added or replaced based on the ADD/REPLACE prefixes.

To address the previous comment - yes, all the changes in QlikView are always happening in memory, and the saved document is only affected when the document is being saved (very much like Excel, Word or any other document types).