Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
govind1501
Contributor III
Contributor III

What might be the reason of all QMC jobs reload time increased in QMC?

Hi All,

Can you please advise what might be the reason of increase of QMC reload time. All of the sudden reload time increased for all QMC jobs on my server.  Please advise.

Labels (3)
3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Look at any other significant changes in the environment, to name a few:
- storage (has it changed from local drives to NAS?),
- software version (has QlikView or Windows been upgraded recently to a major version, e.g.: not service releases or service packs),
- are resources dedicated (in virtual environments, hosts can dedicate resources to guests or share, if shared, guests compete for CPU and memory),
- data sources (new version of the driver, new limitations on extraction of data, pagination, etc.)

Are Windows Events or QlikView logs showing any strange behavior, unexpected errors or consumption of resources, errors?
govind1501
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for response Miguel. We will investigate further on below points.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

In addition to Miguel's comments, I just wanted to add the most likely thing would be running too many concurrent tasks to where the server no longer has enough resources to efficiently handle the load, thus increasing the task times for all tasks, as the OS is having to spend a lot of time determining which threads to use for which tasks, so you need to look into that too, simply reducing the number of Engines for Distribution may return things to a more optimal scenario if you did increase those from the default value.  The best practice rule for the number of Engines for Distribution is still N-1, where N is the number of CPU cores available on the server, but most tasks will multi-thread now, so if you have a lot of cores and have increase the engines for distribution to a large number, that may be the cause.  Here is a link to an Article containing a whitepaper on scaling Publisher that may prove helpful in this case:

Scaling the QlikView Publisher 

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.