Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Which chart item suits best?

Hi,

I have ID and Companynames. Companyname is dimension and the expression is

Sum(Aggr(Count(Distinct(IF(NOT ISNULL(Companyname), ID))),IssueID))+Sum(Aggr(Count(Distinct(IF(ISNULL(Companyname), ID))),ID))

I already have straight table. I would need to show this information in chart. can anyone suggest me which is the best chart to create this?

Thanks.

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Quick question, the 2nd part of your aggr states what to do if is null. Since company name is your dimension and you counting ID when company name is null, is this not rendering your chart redundant since you are unable to drill down into those null values?

Secondly, if IssueID and ID essentially refer to the same thing, just a different key, would a stacked bar chart where you split your expression into two separate expressions be your best bet?

Not applicable
Author

Sorry the expression is Sum(Aggr(Count(Distinct(IF(NOT ISNULL(Companyname), ID))),ID))+Sum(Aggr(Count(Distinct(IF(ISNULL(Cmpanyname), ID))),ID))

Not applicable
Author

Still confused what you are trying to achieve by using company as a dimension but referring to in your expression when that value is null count ID. Would this not populate that same sum across all company values?

Not applicable
Author

Actually I have the below in table

Dimension: Companyname
Expression 1 : Sum(Aggr(Count(Distinct(IF(NOT ISNULL(Companyname), ID))),ID))+Sum(Aggr(Count(Distinct(IF(ISNULL(Cmpanyname), ID))),ID))

Expression 2 : Sum(DISTINCT(Wages))