Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Which chart to use

Hello,

I have got an intersting requirement to create a chart which have 5 different date field

Example:-

Let's take Customer A visit a real estate builder and ask for a quote to buy a new home:-

>Customer Visited Date

>Customer Received Proposal from the builder (date)

>Customer confirmed the house and put offer (buy date)

>Builder agreed date

>Final Settlement Date

So I need to create a chart to track the process how many days take for each Customer to handover a home.

Any idea?

Thanks

4 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Try stacked bar chart, Straight table, Pivot table.  Can you explain what you want to display in charts in detail.

Regards,

Jagan.

peschu123
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi saaru,

during my project I ran into the same problem.

At first I didn't found a proper chart in qlikview to visualize a process on a timeline like yours.

Despite I found a "solution" for this using a stacked bar. If you have a fixed number of dates it is easier to realize. I had a lot of dates per process (100+). 

Ok I can't give you an example with correct dates(dateline) in it. But I assume you just want to compare the duration between start and final settlement and the steps between..(lead time..)

1st: get the duration for every step: 2ndDate - 1stDate --> 1step; 3rd - 2nd --> 2nd step ....

2nd: create a bar chart and choose style "stacked" (change orientation if you like)

3rd: choose a dimension, in this case "customer"

4th: create an expression for every step (this is why its easier with a small and fixed number of steps)

Play around with the chart and activate things like values on datapoints

Take a look at the example I attached...

Hope it helps.

Not applicable
Author

OK. I decided to use the bar chart for this.

X-Axis = I would like to have four parameters to be defined.

Average Number of days between Customer Visted Vs Customer Proposal

Average Number of days btwn Customer Proposed Vs Customer Confirmed Date

AVerage Number of days btwn Customer Confirmed Date Vs Builder Agreed Date

Average No of days btwn Builder Agreed Date Vs Settlement Date

Yaxis = I would llike to define days 0,5,10,25,50,100

How can i get the average number of days between two dates fields using formula? Do I have to put this in experssion?

Not applicable
Author

Ok. I decided to use the Line chart for my requirment.

Load * INLINE[

SET VAR1=DATE(D2)-DATE(D1) ,SET VAR2=DATE(D3)-DATE(D2),SET VAR3=DATE(D4)-DATE(D5)

AS

$(VAR1)

];

Will the above formula work? so that I can create a line chart of (Var1) in X-axis(dimension) across Avg no.of days in Y-Axis(i.e 0,5,7,14) by setting in expression.

Thanks