Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gfisch13
Creator II
Creator II

Which date comes later

Hi - I have a policy master file that has three dates, an issue date, a lapse date and a new issue date.   I want to be able to identify any policies that we wrote after the LapseDate.  I was thinking of doing this with a list box, but creating an indicator to use in a field I add to the table would work too, I'm not certain on how to pull this off. 

I tried a variation of NewIssueDate>=LapseDate as an expression for a list box, but it didn't seem to calc properly.

Ex.....

IssueDateLapseDateNewIssueDateInd
01/01/201609/01/2016N
03/05/2016N
05/01/201606/01/201609/01/2016Y
05/02/201606/30/201607/10/2016Y

Any help is appreciated!

George

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be this

If(If(Len(Trim(NewIssueDate)) = 0, 0, NewIssueDate) >= If(Len(Trim(LapseDate)) = 0, 1, LapseDate), 'N', 'Y') as Ind

This will create your flag... not sure what do you want to see in the list box? The flag or something else?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be this

If(If(Len(Trim(NewIssueDate)) = 0, 0, NewIssueDate) >= If(Len(Trim(LapseDate)) = 0, 1, LapseDate), 'N', 'Y') as Ind

This will create your flag... not sure what do you want to see in the list box? The flag or something else?

gfisch13
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I would like to the the flag in the list box, so the Y and N.

sunny_talwar

So, once you create the above in the script... you should be able to use Ind as your list box

gfisch13
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Can this expression be used to setup the listbox or is it better to load it in the script and be a part of the table object first?

sunny_talwar

I would suggest doing this in the load script as it avoids unnecessary complexities on the front end of your application.... if you still want this to be on the front end... you can try this as your list box expression

If(If(Len(Trim(NewIssueDate)) = 0, 0, NewIssueDate) >= If(Len(Trim(LapseDate)) = 0, 1, LapseDate), 'N', 'Y')

gfisch13
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Really appreciate your input, as always!!!