Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Why are my associated items in my listbox not concurrent ?

Hi All,

I have a dashboard with two list boxes: one called Towns, and the other called Counties. The Counties data is mapped to the Towns field with a MAPPING statement.

However, if I select an item from the Counties listbox, the associated items in the Towns listbox do not shuffle up to the top of the list, as I expect them to. They all remain in alphabetical order and I have to scroll down to find the associated items for the selection. Is there a common or obvious reason why this might occur ?

I have noticed that some of the records in my.qvd file show as 'Blanks' when I export them into Excel. Would this also explain why the first item in my Counties listbox is a blank, and not a county ?

The data is quite sensitive so I can't upload a copy of the QV application.

Thanks in anticipation

Mo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

In the list box properties, tab Sort, check "State", and choose Ascending

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

In the list box properties, tab Sort, check "State", and choose Ascending

Not applicable
Author

When you have blanks in your data set it will show the first option in a listbox as a blank. So your data is incomplete (ie not filled in for every customer that resides in a certain country)

For the sorting problem it's what Michael Solomovich says: In the list box properties, tab Sort, check "State", and choose Ascending