Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PrashantRajpoot
Contributor II
Contributor II

Windows task Scheduler Macro Email

Hi,

Macro is not sending email while scheduling through windows task scheduler on the option RUN WHETHER USER LOGGED ON OR NOT.

But it sending emails while choosing the option RUN ONLY WHEN USER IS LOGGED ON.

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

AFAIK if no user is logged on windows takes the windows default user to perform the relevant actions from the task (usually further batches which executes various things). This user may lack of the appropriate access rights, licences and/or proper configurations in regard to the OS, storage/network, Qlik, further tools like the mail-client, Excel, printer and so on.

The problem is you couldn't see what happens and if maybe just a single popup-query like: "Do you want ..." may prevent a successful execution. Further I'm not sure that all necessary features and libraries are loaded/activated if no user is logged on. Therefore it could be quite hard to find all possible causes and you will probably need an experienced Admin and tools like the process monitor to solve the challenge.

An alternatively would be to use any tools like NPrinting which work as a service and have all the needed features on their own.

- Marcus

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I suspect Marcus is on the right track here, but I suspect you specified the specific account in the Security Options of the Task, so that part should be ok, which then leads back to a security related issue with the call to the mail server from the 'batch' process etc.  Believe you will need to ensure proper credentials are being passed back to the mail server etc., and mail servers can be  very picky about connections due to SPAM etc., so this is most likely going to be something security related to Marcus' point.  I suspect you got it sorted out given you have not posted further, which if so, it would be nice if you could close out the thread by posting what the actual issue ended up being and then use the Accept as Solution button on that post after you post it to mark it as the solution.  Of course the easy solution is to use the option you mentioned to ensure things work properly.  You are more apt to find further information regarding this issue on the Microsoft forums I believe.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.