Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Working hours -

Hi all, here's a mystery. I'm trying to calculate the working hours between two dates:

Start Time and End Time.

here's the script:

Interval(

rangesum(

NetWorkDays(start_time+1,End_time-1,$(vHol)) * MakeTime(10)  

,if(NetWorkDays(End_time,End_time,$(vHol)),Rangemin(rangemax(frac(End_time),maketime(8)),maketime(18))-Rangemax(rangemin(frac(End_time),maketime(8)),maketime(8)),0) // working hours last day

,if(NetWorkDays(start_time,start_time,$(vHol)),Rangemin(rangemax(frac(start_time),maketime(18)),maketime(18))-Rangemax(rangemin(frac(start_time),maketime(18)),maketime(8)),0) // working hours first day

,if(NetWorkDays(start_time,start_time,$(vHol)) and floor(start_time)=floor(End_time),-MakeTime(10))

)

)

as WorkingHours

Then the Expresion

SUM({$<WorkingHours=  {"$(='>' & '00:00:00' & '<' & '08:00:00')"}, GroupID={'2'}>} Value)

table.jpg

As you can see in the picture there are some values that aren't fitting into the <8 hours:

Start = End time is 0 and no clue why, next one is 00:03:05 (far away from 08:00:00) but also doesn't come into <8. Expresion is workin 'cos there are others working

Any idea? some clues?

Best regards!

1 Reply
Gysbert_Wassenaar

It looks to me that you're comparing an interval value with strings. I doubt that is correct. Perhaps this works better:

SUM({$<WorkingHours=  {">=$(=Time(MakeTime(0)))<$(=Time(MakeTime(8)))"}, GroupID={'2'}>} Value)

If that also does not work then please post a small qlik sense app that demonstrates the problem.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand