Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramcena306
Creator II
Creator II

Working with Autonumber function

Hello Everyone,

In my Qlikview Application we have data for returns and we are using Autonumber() to generate keys, we have a huge data and created number of keys.
In addition we have Text data for some fields with two languages, here also i have used Autonumber()  to generate keys.

Now i have requirement where i have to join the main table with these Text tables.

Example:

FinalTable:

Filed1,

Field 2,

Abc_key_field,

Def_key_field,

resident table;

Text_MaterialnumTable:

Abc_key_field,

Text_Materialnum;

Resident Table:

Text_OrderNumTable:

Def_key_field,

Text_OrderNum

resident Table;

Like we have nearly 15 tables to join. Now the problem is if we join these many table to the FinalTable we are facing some performance issues, the reload time is increased and some times the task in QMC is getting failed after loading for hours.

Please Suggest the best way.

6 Replies
ramcena306
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello Friends,

Any ideas on this ?

sunny_talwar

Have you checked the log files? Where exactly is it failing? If it failing to Join or is to failing when you create the AutoNumber key?

ramcena306
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Sunny,

In log file i can see the error "Execution cancelled by user" but nobody cancalled the task, It is failing at the time of joining tables with FinalTable.

sunny_talwar

So, the join can fail because of lack of resources to join which could be because of

1) Joining a big table

2) Many to many join

ramcena306
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Sunny, So, is there any other way to join, or any other approach that you can suggest.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Ramesh, have a look at the following Design Blog post, may be what you need in this case:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Autonumber-function/ba-p/1464970

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.