Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Working with Range Doubt

Hello everyone.

I'm at this point trying to develop a new qlik view tab. I started making filters to the data, but one of then is not working as i want. I need a date filter, but i wanna work with a range, the start date and the final date. The result set must be the rows with column's value between the range.

Is there a way to make two text box to watch for the limits of the range ? Or something that gives me this result ?

Thank you so much for the help .

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Here are three separate solutions that behave very similarly.  One uses only the data model to narrow down the possible dates by the specified end points with no selections being made in the date field itself.  One makes the date field selections with a macro.  One makes the date field selections with actions.

Edit:  I tend to prefer data model solutions where practical.  The data model solution here can add a lot of extra date data, but would probably still not bump up the size of a typical application by very much.  But it COULD cause problems if the application covers a very long period of time.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
hectorgarcia
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

hi can you put a small example in a file to conceptualize better your need

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

A slider object is an easy way to manage a range of dates in some cases.  Or sometimes people make two date variables, and trigger selection of dates between the two any time either variable is changed.  There are probably other approaches as well depending on what you're after.

Not applicable
Author

Hi, thanks for the reply hgarcia.

Here an example... i have a field, a date type field, its a collumn on a table. I want to make a filter to act as a range on this collumn.

My ideia is to have, i don't, maybe two input boxes, one to insert the start date and another one to insert the final date then the data would manage itself having those limits as extreme points.

Thanks again

Hi John.

Your suggestion to work with variable seems to what i need, i think, i tried before but i only were able to work with variables in calculations. Do you have some example with date been triggered by variables acting like extreme points ?

I tried the slider, but with each selection the role of data get's smaller and you have to keep cleaning it, there was also a legend's value problem ... so i did not work for me.

Thanks for the help.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Here are three separate solutions that behave very similarly.  One uses only the data model to narrow down the possible dates by the specified end points with no selections being made in the date field itself.  One makes the date field selections with a macro.  One makes the date field selections with actions.

Edit:  I tend to prefer data model solutions where practical.  The data model solution here can add a lot of extra date data, but would probably still not bump up the size of a typical application by very much.  But it COULD cause problems if the application covers a very long period of time.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you som much John, i used the last example an it worked great for me.