Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sanjeeva_279
Contributor
Contributor

YOY growth in qlikivew

Hi All,

I need to develop dashboard on YOY  Growth.

i need to show monthly value chnage on X -Axis compared to current year value with the last year sametimeperiod.

--need to show highest value for each month not the sum.

i used firstsortedvalue and got the results as long month is complete and when data is in between month issue as i have   max value for previous year value but not current year

ex: 2019 may 10

2018 has data for all the days 365 days

my expression=(FirstSortedValue(DISTINCT Aggr(Sum(sales),Month,PeriodDate),- PeriodDate) -(ABOVE(FirstSortedValue(DISTINCT Aggr(Sum(sales),Month,PeriodDate),- PeriodDate)))

iam getting right output for the Jan,feb,march,april  but for May i am getting wrong one as i am taking highest value for the month data as may31 instead of may10 for the previous year compared to the  curent year

2 Replies
raji6763
Creator II
Creator II

Have  you  try adding  year within Aggr() function and check it.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

If the above post was what you needed, please be sure to use the Accept as solution button to mark that as the solution.  If not, check out the following link, believe that should likely have everything you need to get things sorted out.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Year-over-Year-Comparisons/ba-p/1462927

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.