Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karim_Khan
Creator III
Creator III

YTD mismatch value

Hi Team,

It would be silly but am unable to get proper YTD calculation.As per YTD formula I am getting different value.

YTD:-

=COUNT(DISTINCT{<FIN_YEAR_NO={$(=$(vMaxYear))},QUARTER_NO={'<=$(vMaxQtr)'},FIN_MONTH_NO={'<=$(vMaxMon)'},FIN_MONTH=,MONTH=,MONTH_NO=,FIN_QUARTER=>} ORDER_NUM)

MTD:-

=COUNT(DISTINCT{<FIN_YEAR_NO={$(=$(vMaxYear))},FIN_MONTH_NO={$(=$(vMaxMon))},FIN_MONTH=,MONTH=,MONTH_NO=,FIN_QUARTER=>} ORDER_NUM)

MTD is working fine and giving proper value but while cross checking YTD value am getting the big difference between total MTD for Financial year 16-17.

E.g:

YTD -  2793

MTD

APR - 0

MAY - 0

JUN - 0

JUL -71

AUG - 574

SEP - 564

OCT - 583

NOV - 740

DEC -1060

JAN -758

FEB -558

Total YTD will be addition of all months(MTD) which should come as 4908 but it is taking the count as 2793.

I have checked each and every row but don't know where is a loophole either in calculation or understading?

Regards,

KK

celambarasan

qlikrajanjimhalpertNew to QlikView

KK
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be remove DISTINCT and use

Or

Try some thing Like below

Sum(TOTAL MTD)

MTD is the label for expression

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be remove DISTINCT and use

Or

Try some thing Like below

Sum(TOTAL MTD)

MTD is the label for expression

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Not applicable

can you attach your sample document, so that it will be helpful to check the logic and try some alternative codes

sasikanth
Master
Master

HI,

try below

YTD:-

=COUNT(DISTINCT{<FIN_YEAR_NO={$(=$(=vMaxYear))},QUARTER_NO={'<=$(=vMaxQtr)'},FIN_MONTH_NO={'<=$(=vMaxMon)'},FIN_MONTH=,MONTH=,MONTH_NO=,FIN_QUARTER=>} ORDER_NUM)

why didn't you go for a Date  instead of year, quarter,Month with variables?

OR

Try this

Use    Count(DISTINCT {<  date={">= $(= MonthStart(max(date))) <= $(=max(Date)) "},FIN_MONTH=,MONTH=,MONTH_NO=,FIN_QUARTER >}ORDER_NUM)

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

As Anil says I think you need to remove your distinct, I am guessing you have the same order numbers used in different months?

I guess you could prove this by using something like this to sum the aggregation of the forumla for each month:

SUM(AGGR(COUNT(DISTINCT{<FIN_YEAR_NO={$(=$(vMaxYear))},QUARTER_NO={'<=$(vMaxQtr)'},FIN_MONTH_NO={'<=$(vMaxMon)'},FIN_MONTH=,MONTH=,MONTH_NO=,FIN_QUARTER=>} ORDER_NUM),FIN_MONTH_NO)

Karim_Khan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

TNX

KK