Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

activate a specific sheet of an document which is being opened using a BUTTON (open qlikview document)

Hello,

I have the following question. Currently I have used a BUTTON in document A which opens another document called B with the ['open Qlikview document' option]. However I want also the possibility to have document B to be opened with a sheet called SH04 using the ['Activate Sheet' option].

However I notice that when I use the activate sheet option as an action in the BUTTON it does properly open document B however it doesn't open with sheet SH04 activated.

Of course I can use the [activate sheet option] for sheet SH04 in document B itself . However that is not what I want because then its no longer a 'dynamic' solution. I want to be able to use another BUTTON in document A and open document B for example with sheet SH06 or SH03 on activation.

Has anyone an idea how I could manage this?

BTW we currently are working with version 9.00 SR1/SR2.

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

I believe field selections should be carried through to the B document.

In the button you could force a selection on a disconnected field and then use that field to decide which page gets activated.

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Here's an idea you can try. Create an inline table in both documents that has a value for each sheetID. Then before you open the document make sure to make the selection in the botton and in your open document action make sure you tick the option to keep the selection between the two documents.

Then in the trigger On Open Document of the document B activate the sheet that corresponds to the selection of the field with the sheetIDs.

I hope the selection happens before the On Open Document trigger is triggered.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Hello thanks for suggestions. I will try both methods.

I will post my findings soon.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Sorry, doesn't work like this. The Problem is, that the trigger in the new document wants the selection BEFORE it opens.