Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chriscools
Creator II
Creator II

adding time of data load to qlikview document

Hello,

i would like to ad a timestamp in my qlikview document, to show when the data in qlikview server was last reloaded.

This way it is 100% clear to users data was taken out of our ERP system at what time.

what is the best way to do this?

is it with an expression in the document itself?

or does this info have to be in the data-load?

thanx!

chris

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can use the reloadtime() function to get the last datetime the load script was run. If you want a more specific time for a specific load action you can use something like Let vTimeERP = now(1) directly after the ERP load to put the time when the ERP load finished in a variable vTimeERP.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can use the reloadtime() function to get the last datetime the load script was run. If you want a more specific time for a specific load action you can use something like Let vTimeERP = now(1) directly after the ERP load to put the time when the ERP load finished in a variable vTimeERP.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
chriscools
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanx! perfect!

chris

chriscools
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello,

it seems that with the above mentioned solution i get the script is reloaded again, but what i'm looking for is how to get the time the data was taken out of ERP and loaded into the qlikview server.

now if someone hits the "reload script" button, the time also gets updated, but it can still be that the loaded data is almost a day old.

And it's the hour the data was collected that i wan't to show... any ideas?

grtz,

chris

Not applicable

I dont think it is possible if you have just one qvw file where you load your source data.

If you use an QVD Generator for creating QVD files, you are able to add a date time field to your tables. If you load the QVD Files, as source instead of directly from your source system, into your qvw file you have the creation datetime value in your data.

Hope this helps

chriscools
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello,

our ERP supplier created the load with qvd files for us, so i guess i'll probably have to ask them to do it for me...

thanx!

chris